We tasked contributing writer and style expert Andrew Hoge to shop for gifts that smell, taste, and look beautiful for anyone on your gift-giving list. He nailed it with these curated picks putting the cool in Yule.
For the Kitchen
These one-of-a-kind kitchen goods are sure to please everyone from the amateur host to the party planner extraordinaire.
1. Lara Caffi Yellow Saucepan, available at Flora and Henri at Pioneer Square in Seattle. $88
2. Leather Cast Iron Skillet handle cover. $20
3. Bink Glass and Silicon Water Bottle, available at Butterhome in Seattle’s Capitol Hill. $38
5. Tuscan Marble Salt and Pepper Bowl with Gold Spoon, available at Calm Living. $54
6. Bamboo Bowls, available from Hedge & Vine. $16 per bowl, or $24 for two
Let’s Get Lit
A filler gift no more, these not-so-basic candles are guaranteed to light up the room.
2. Prosecco Black Candle from Antica Farmacista. Individual candle, $48, Home Ambiance Gift Set, $124
5. Winter Fir Candle, available at L’Avant Collective in Seattle. $40
6. The Alabasters Ernesto Candle, Cire Trudon, available at Penelope & The Beauty Bar in Seattle. $260
7. Lafayette Candle Bust, Cire Trudon, available at Penelope & The Beauty Bar in Seattle. $270
Merry Vibes Only
These oh-so-chic finds are the perfect way to add sparkle to any room. No tinsel required.
4. Various Holiday Ornaments, available at Calm Living in Redmond. $20–$22
The Good Life
Give the gift of Zen with a selection of goods that benefit the body and mind.
6. Diffuser, available from PCC Community Markets. $29
A Fine Feast
Discover a hyper-local array of treats your loved ones won’t wait to sink their teeth into.
1. Various Artisanal Teas, Inspired Earth Tea, San Juan Island. inspiredearthtea.com | $14
2. El Gaucho Spices, available at El Gaucho in Bellevue and various locations. elgaucho.com | $13 per tin, or $30 for trio
3. Various Coffee Beans, available at Third Culture in Bellevue. drinkthirdculture.com | $20
4. Mix & Match Flavored Syrups, from Simple Goodness Sisters in Wilkeson. simplegoodnesssisters.com | $32
5. Juice Club Membership, Bow Hill Blueberry Juice in Bow. bowhillblueberries.com | $34–$112
6. Buckwheat Honey, Villa Jerada, available at Metropolitan Market in Kirkland and various locations. metropolitan-market.com | $14
7. Homemade Won Ton Packages, Setolicious, Pasta and Co. in Bellevue, and various locations. pastaco.com | $16
8. Various Salts and Seasonings by San Juan Island Sea Salt on Friday Harbor. sanjuanislandseasalt.com | $14–$18
9. Laconiko Olive Oil, $28, and Mango Puréevino Vinegar, $26, at the Chefshop in Seattle. laconiko.com
10. Thaifusions Peanut Sauce, available at PCC Community Markets in Redmond and various locations. pccmarkets.com | $12
11. Cooking from Scratch cookbook, available at PCC Community Markets in Kirkland and various locations. pccmarkets.com | $25