As winter approaches and COVID-19 cases increase, local families may need new inspiration on ways to recreate close to home.
Here are five stops to check out for a safe Renton day-cation:
- Start your day downtown at Boon Boona Coffee. This hip café works with several African roasters and brings the best back to Renton.
- Burn off some pent-up energy with a walk, run, or bike along the Cedar River Trail. Explore 17 miles of wooded trails with scenic views of the Cedar River and many local parks. Dog lovers will enjoy the off-leash dog park complete with covered structures, benches, and an agility course.
- Kids can take in the Black River Riparian Forest and Wetland. Check out the new section of the Lake to Sound Trail that connects the Black River Riparian Forest in Renton with the Green River Trail in Tukwila at Fort Dent Park.
- Grab some food-to-go at Blossom Vegetarian. Its hefty menu packs a punch while leaving you ready for dessert. After, wander around downtown and take a tour of Renton’s public art.
- Finish the day exploring Gene Coulon Memorial Park. Nestled along the shores of Lake Washington, this park features 57 acres of land and shoreline. Take in the flora on crisp winter days with an interpretive walk. A new playground will tentatively open in early 2021.